Posted on December 15, 2010
Reverb 15 – 5 minutes
December 15 – 5 Minutes
Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
(Author: Patti Digh)
Good question, this one (missed yesterday because, frankly, I’m an ungrateful sod).
- This is the year I came out. About depression.
- I appreciate the few friends I have, who are intelligent, gorgeous and not needy.
- I met the wonderful Simonne Jameson and started work on her memoir.
- Realised that I’m working in a career that I love. I’m a publishing lifer. I know a lot about it and I’m good at it.
- I don’t like my parents. The next part is to not feel so guilty about it.
- The country estate rocks my world.
- I love making pottery.
- My friend, Momo, and her family returned to the city!!!
- I’m a writer.
- I can change my mind about things if I wanna.
- I saw Muse (again) and loved them (again).
- I voted, twice, and don’t feel like much of a winner, even though the party I definitely didn’t want to win didn’t win.
Kanye West’s new album is pretty amazing. I hate myself for believing this so I’m not linking to it.I spoke in haste. I had listened to two songs then I downloaded a torrent of the album (cos that kid’s NOT getting MY money) and on listening to it this morning (Dec 17) I realised it’s just a lot of the same old. His rapping styles is amazing though, truly, but when he goes into singing, he blows it for me. Whatever, listen for yourself.
- An old friend died. I’m sad she’s not in the world any more, even though I haven’t seen her in years.
- Despite some awfully crappy times, I had a lot of happy moments, and JJ was around for them.